Friday, June 1, 2007

Swedish Girls

First off, I definately approve. There are certainly many beautiful women here. Stockholm reminds me of USC a little--there are drop dead goregeous girls, but most wear a shit-ton of makeup. With some girls I could stick my fingers in their cheeks, grab some makeup, and mold figurines. And apparently, Swedish girls love Americans.

I haven't figured out how true this is, but I do know all the young girls love me. Specifically, I mean Lolita and Victoria and their 7 year-old friends. They barely know any English and haven't talked to me until about an hour ago, so I thought they didn't like me. Today, I had to watch them for a little bit while everyone else was out. I tried to talk with them, but they just smiled shyly. Then their father came home with a friend and the friend's daughters. I was doing my laundry and they came up to me, and then ran away giggling. Then they came up and ran a way again. The third time, they counted to three and in unison said, ''Hi Tom. How are you?'' In my surprise, I responded, ''Good. How are you?'' ''Yes.'' they all said emphatically, and then ran away again. I laughed for a couple minutes.

I also visited a school to help teach 11 year-olds baseball. They all knew English, and all the girls wanted my attention. Hopefully I can carry over all this attention to the girls that are my age. I do get looks occasionally, mostly when I'm speaking. I'll find out more tonight, as I'll be going to a university party with Anton and his friends.

No comments: