Saturday, June 2, 2007

First Night Out

Last night was a bit of a bust. I didn't find Anton and his friends until 10:30 pm, and they were already pretty hammered by then. We went to a couple clubs, although it was still early, and I had a 56 KR Heineken (about $8.50). Needless to say, I have to figure out some sort of system if I ever want to get drunk. We met up with more of Anton's friends around 11:30pm, including one girl who was incredibly excited that I had lived in Los Angelos. Maybe Swedish girls do love Americans.

Of course, that girl became a little...under the weather, and Anton took her home. I went with another friend named Nikolas to a different club, which was a Rock and Roll bar. There was a giant American flag there, so I gained more confidence in my Americaness. We went up to the bar, and there were two gorgeous girls right in front of us. Nikolas nudged me to say something, but I got nervous and couldn't think of anything to say. I stood behind them awkwardly for about a minute, until Nikolas said, ''I'm not yoking (joking) you, but the blond one literally just said, ''I'm so fucking horny right now.'' I finally came out with, ''Do you two like American music?'' What kind of lame conversation starter is that? The blond one turned her head slightly, said yes, and then went off with her friend. Guess I'll have to be more than just American, but I'm confident I am up for the challenge.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

for future use tom, the best thing to say in situations like these is "excuse me, you've got 206 bones in your body.. would you like one more?"

you owe me whatever that scores you