Sunday, June 3, 2007

Weird Swedish Stuff

1. All the dishes are smaller than American silverware, especially the glasses.

2. Almost all the music and television is American. Seriously. TV shows aren't even dubbed in Swedish, they just have Swedish subtitles.

3. Teenage girls eyes light up if I tell them I've been in LA the past 3 years. One started singing the theme song from the OC, and actually, all the younger girls who talk to me usually ask about it. If I only I were, say, 5 years younger.

4. There's this goddam black cat in Timor's house that scares me almost every day. Whenever I leave a room, it's usually staring at me. A couple times I've opened this wardrobe to get my clothes, and all of a sudden there are these two green eyes staring back at me. I think it threatened me once too. I was seated, eating at the dinner table, and I felt something brush against my upper thigh. I look down and see the cat between my legs, with one paw on my family jewels. Of course, the cat is in heat now, so maybe it wasn't threatening me. I am from LA after all. The cat is currently meowing like a crying infant, while lying prostrate beneath my chair. At least now I can hear it coming.

No comments: