Tuesday, June 12, 2007

3rd Game vs. Karlskoga

We played amazing this game! Wait, not "amazing" as much as "God awful." We lost 15-1 in 7 innings. I've been sick since Saturday night, so I really didn't feel like playing Sunday, but I went anyway in case we didn't have enough guys. Eight other guys showed up. I started in left field, and just hoped that no one hit the ball out there. I didn't want to throw after pitching yesterday and being sick on top of that.

Of course, the lead off hitter hits a double down the left field line, and another guy hits a single to me where I have to make a throw home. Luckily, another Alby player showed up and I took myself out. Not before getting a big backwards K at the plate, though. The rest of the game was terrible, with error after error. It got to the point where I had to laugh, because we were such a horrid display of baseball. Apparently Alby was even worse last year!

Anyway, we have another game Wednesday, and my season stats look something like this:

Pitching: IP 14.1 W-L 1-0 ERA 1.88 K 11 BB 3 R 5 BAA .185
Batting: AVE .083 OBP .250 SLG .083 R 2 RBI 1 BB 2 K 3

Let me remind you that they put me at clean-up one game.

No comments: