Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Graduation Party

After the game I raced to Anton's, ate, showered, and prepared myself for the Stockholm nightlife. I wore Anton's black striped pants that didn't fit him anymore, my pink striped button-down, and of course, my shiny, black marching band shoes. Anton told me I looked less American, which apparently is a compliment.

We arrived at the club where the graduation party was. After dealing with the bouncers, we entered that party. There were 18 year-old blond girls everywhere. The majority were cute, but only a couple were truly hot. The venue had an outdoor and two indoor bars, and dance floors coupled with each of them. I chatted it up with my friends for a little bit and Anton bought me a beer. We soon found a lounge to hang out in where it was easier to hear each other. We also went in because there were some attractive girls.

I broke out my camera and had my friends make...interesting poses. I asked one of the more attractive girls to take a picture of all us, hoping it would lead to conversation. She complied, but didn't want to talk. Johan Keding kept pushing me to use the Swedish pick-up line he had taught me. I don't like pick-up lines, but I butcher the pronunciation enough that I figured it would be funny. So Johan and I walked up next to this cute girl and I said, "My friend says I should tell you, "Hej kikset, har stor du och smular." Apparently there's no direct English translation of what I said, but it's something like, "Hey biscuit, I'm gonna make you crumble.'' Oh Sweden.

She cracked up at my pronunciation and we ended up talking for a while in English. I had her teach me a few Swedish words, and we talked about a few other things, but after about 20 minutes I was getting bored so I asked her to play a game with me. It's called "Murder, Marry, Shag," and it's a fun way to learn about what type of person a girl is. Unfortunately, she read far to much into the title, and said, "Oh, the only person I'm going to marry is my boyfriend." Now, I've learned that this doesn't necessarily mean she has a boyfriend, more that I've just conveyed too much interest for her comfort. I explained the game to her and when we got to playing she had a great time. Her friends even came over to "save" her or whatever, and she turned them away twice. Maybe she did have a boyfriend though, because she asked me if my friends were still at the club, I said yes, and she said she had to go. Maybe I should have said no ;) We hugged, took a couple pictures, and my night ended soon after that.

Overall, this was my best day in Sweden. It was so much fun. Hopefully I'll have even better stories like the last few in the days to come.

1 comment:

Brande (Watson) Constable said...

If you think I'm not going to steal "Hey biscuit, I'm gonna make you crumble," you are sadly mistaken.