Saturday, May 26, 2007

The Catcher

Timor is a cool guy. He's Alby's 17 year-old catcher, about 5'9,'' 180, and he picked me up with his dad at the Stockholm airport. He talks a lot, which is awesome because it eliminates those awkward pauses when you first meet somone. He kept saying how good I was going to be, so I liked him and trusted him as an honest person right off the bat. Of course, then he asked me how hard I throw, and I'm thinking, ''Great, this is where I crush all his dreams about me being this superstar American pitcher.'' I told him, ''80-82, not that fast.'' ''80! There's only 2 or 3 guys on our team that can hit that!'' I'm a little worried about the league now, mostly because it definately looks like I'm going to hit. Hopefully, this whole 80 MPH-is-amazing-thing is restricted to my team, and the rest of the league has some solid hitters. All you guys from the team better pray for me, cause I'm gonna be batting and playing the field.

No comments: